Today, we sat down with our artist Ace Jonez for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
I had been the underdog; whereas, I had molded myself, while becoming inspired by friends to do music.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
That is a good question. It would be Dizzy Wright. The artist, Dizzy Wright, is very inspirational, and independent. His music and lyrics are versatile, with a calming demeanor. Mr. Wright had never allowed this game to change him. He remains himself.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
I would purchase a home for my mother and open up youth facilities throughout Atlanta and North Carolina.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
Maintain a great deal of patience, faith in your craft, the music and the process. You must also learn to sacrifice, and positive re-enforcement is healthy.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Let the beat lead you towards the creativity of the song. Stay on topic with writing your music, while making sure that it is relatable.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
As a whole, my family and friends have been supportive, encouraging, and motivational for me. However, there have also been plenty of times that my family and friends have not been supportive, until they began to notice the growth within myself, and with my music.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
I would say, Locksmith. His energy is highly displayed through his music, while he speaks the truth within his lyrics. Locksmith has also inspired me to push my own messages within my music.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
That would have to be XXTentacion. His mindset was incredible, and would had loved to explore how he thinks. His energy was positive and inspirational and powerful.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
Communication with all assignments, discovering new things to help further my career; now and for my future.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
I see myself successfully running my own label, and recruiting unique, versatile, and creative artists.