Today, we sat down with our artist Chuchi Jones for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
It’s shapes me into the person I am today, if I wasn’t in the streets learning what I had learned to talk about the struggle in my music because a lot of blood has been spilled. My city respect Money Mac Murder.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
I’ll only sign With Quality Control (QC) 1017 Brick Squad & Interscope Records for multiplw reasons I feel they can take music where it needs to be as an artist.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
I’ll by an ‘Hell Cat” ans I’ll buy my family a mansion, pay all my loans off, start my own company, then give back to my neighborhood.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
Just tell them to keep writing everyday, and keep promoting themselves and also their craft, believing good and pray everyday and say fuck everything else that don’t have any thing to do with music.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Just make sure you are writing new material everyday and using unique words.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
Everybody thinks I made it already. They show so much love. It’s real and they support me every bit of it and they got my back, side, and front. Not really any issue, all love.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
Gucci Mane because our music is great together and the fans will love and support because I’m with Gucci Mane.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
I have to say that love the updates and the time they put into my music and career.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
Legendary because i’m the elephant in the room “Bad habits but i’m good news”.