Today, we sat down with our artist Df Lepperd for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
Im the 90’s and early two thousands I would always see black though Beanie Sigeal ram squad and other celebrities which show me (for one shit real) (for two I gotta be dope)
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
Kurt Kobain showed me it was a lot more to be artist and to take my two best talents writing and drawing and paint the perfect picture whether it my words or pencil.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
A record label and flood the world with df’ness that’s what I call my style whether producing or rapping.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
Focus on your craft and leave certain people alone the ones stand in your way nobody can stand in the way of what u can create for yourself one step brings you closer just take the next one and don’t look back.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Make sure you write an hour a day you gotta make it automatic all good guitar player got good from practice.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
Only my family supports me I’ve dealt with a lot of hate during my short career that’s why I push so hard.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
It would be Wu Tang because they raised me.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
Old Dirty cause dude was funny as shit.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
It’s been a blast being with LiquidSound Records so far it’s pointed me the direction I needed to be and I’m learning more about the game I’m chasing my 2nd deal and feel this is way better management the what I had the first time I was signed.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
I see my self running established record label loving my job and giving the world df’ness.