Today, we sat down with our artist Hypnosis for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
Well to be honest it wasn’t my hometown, it was the experience I received working with several producers. They helped me understand the background of the music, taught me to write and flow a lot better as well as learn to have a little fun with the music. Can’t be serious all the time.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
In all honesty I would have to select a few artists, Eminem for his lyrical methods and word play, NF and Enkay 47 for the connection they make with their fan base, MGK before he ruined his career because he made me believe it is possible to make a movement and make it from nothing. Tech nine, the way he flows and the tongue twisters he pulls off are amazing and a huge influence on my music.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
First thing I’d buy is a new home for me and my family.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
The only advice I can give is to stay focused, and let the haters hate. However, listen to the constructive criticism.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
I don’t really have tips other than to extend your vocabulary as well as to have fun with your music and to express all of your passion… never hold back.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
My family has been very supportive to be honest and they also like to pick on the fact that I “yell at the mic” . But they always try to make me do better and they’ve had my back since the get go. Much love and appreciation for them.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
I would love to open up for NF, Strange Music or Eminem. Those would be dreams coming true!
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
I would choose Bob Marley to be honest. I would like to get his insights on many questions I have.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
I would most definitely choose to be a LiquidSound Records member. It’s been a great experience and I know this is a great team to be in.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
I honestly don’t know where I will be and I don’t care for the fame. Music is a passion of mine, I just want to keep making music.