Today, we sat down with our artist Justin Case for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
My hometown has helped shape me as a musician today because of the diversity I endured and the struggles of being a white boy growing up in predominantly African American schools.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
It wasn’t one band or artist it was 2. Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. When I was younger, I heard them growing up listening to Led Zeppelin and the Beatles then all of sudden I hear Ain’t nuthin but a g thang I was hooked my world had changed.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
If I won the lottery, I would buy a house for my family.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
Never ever listen to haters, stay on your grind, keep going, never give up on your dream.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Yes, if it feels right, put it down on paper, then start building til you create something special.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
Well being my age and a real grandfather, not a lot of support but I defy the odds. There’s only one Justin Case Rapping Grandpa so why be normal its boring.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
Kevin Gates or Travis Scott or Lil Wayne or Drake
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
Man, if I could have dinner with Eazy E or Tupac or Biggie, those were the creators and the beginning it would be like meeting Hugh Hefner at his mansion and women everywhere and you have never been laid.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
In my time with LiquidSound, I have enjoyed the creativity and guidance and mentorship to help me grow as an artist, and would recommend this to anyone in the struggle this is building and growing.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
In ten years, I hope to be heard in 80 percent of the world and as big as Biggie Smalls, Big Pun, Tupac, Dr Dre, Snoop, and more.