Today, we sat down with our artist LivingLegend for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
The music where I’m from is all over the place (melting pot). I grew up in a military town I ran into people who are from all over the country. It’s not uncommon to run into a soul singer/trap rapper. With that being said, musically I have many influences but I try to remain unique. So at any given moment I might make a song about love and the next about my struggles with drugs.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
My biggest music influences would have to bw Wiz Khalifa. I wasn’t aware of him until my freshman year in college. It’s was a time when I really got to know myself. Being my first time away from home, I got exposed to a lot of things for the first time. I really connected with how he does him invites by the nay sayers.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
Some Land!!! Commercial and residential. All I’m thinking is what can I get that I actually need and can benefit me financially.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
Set yourself up to succeed. You know yourself so put yourself in a position that it’s easy to better yourself, For example, I typically once hang out with other music artists.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Only tip I have is don’t just grab a pen when you’re inspired. Get to a studio. Nothing pisses me off more than having some lyrics writing about I can remember the vibe and flow I had to the beat.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
My family is my big support/credits they all want me to go as far as I can with this. So with that, they always give me good critiques. Same with my friends but at first I wasn’t sure if they was low key hating or really trying to help out. Time shows they actually do want me to succeed.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
Without a doubt, Wiz Khalifa. Besides the fact that he is the main artist I like, I feel my music would be a good warm up to his show.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
Michael Jackson. I just feel he cud make a hit out of anything. I’d really loved to be able to pick his brain. See how he approaches his songs, start to finish.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
My favorite things has to be the communication, even if I have been slacking on my end. I like how y’all stay looking for the next thing to do. If you looking to join, my big thing I can say is stay on top of yourself. It’s easy to get off track.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
In the next ten years, I see myself with hit after hit, touring world wide (I never want to just be in the US), a clothing line and few business. Every move I take is a stepping stone to a even bigger move.