Today, we sat down with our artist Ron Tha Bo$ for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
Even though I’ve been all over the world, JC has had the biggest impact on me as a musician. We don’t have famous celebrities or famous musicians from around here so it’s made me strive even harder to do music. That’s why I’ve came back home to really focus on my music career. Being in five states in the last seven years it made me realize this is where I need to be when I do the music or become the artist I meant to be.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
I would have to say Lil Wayne is the most influential artist in my career. From not cussing on records, to being one of the biggest figures we have, it was important for me to stay close to his career and see how he constructs his music.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
Of course I would pay all my bills, buy house and a professional studio.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
If this is something you truly love, remaining discipline will not be a problem. The most important thing is having a great team around you from management to promotions.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Write about you and your struggle. Everyone loves to hear what’s true to the artists.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
They’re behind it, but like anyone, until you make some money off of it, no one believes it’s real.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
I would love to open up for Kevin Gates. His honesty is what draws me to him.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
I would have dinner with Michael Jackson and see how it felt being the most famous artist we have known to date.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
Being part of the family at LiquidSound Records has been amazing. I have enjoyed the professionalism that comes along with working with Ryan. The insight that he gives is priceless.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
In 10 years, I hope to be 10 albums into my career with over 10,000 shows.