Today, we sat down with our Blood Money Entertainment for an interview. Here is what they had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
Us as a label, we reflect a lot of are lives into are music because living in Harrisburg, PA is not a typical life. It comes with lot of ups and downs, as well as being exposed to guns, drugs, and prostitution.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
We are strongly influenced by Outkast, because they started as a duo and grew to be The DungeonFamily. Its kind of how we started. Grimvader was rapping and Dj7Shawty1Redd7 was making beats and djing local acts and the two eventually met and started Blood Money Entertainment LLC in 2009.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
We would buy a family house because we come from the struggle. However, we don’t believe in the lottery.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
The biggest key in being a successful artist is to remain yourself and accept constructive criticism. It will take you far. You can never fail until you quit.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Never just let a song be a song. You must breath life into it as if it were a child, and make sure you give it your true all.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
Our family is a big part in our music. Although both of our fathers never believed in us, we still go hard. Our families really want to see use make it since we both have amazing talents.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
If we could open up for anyone it would have to be the late 2pac. He was a big figure in our lives. He showed us that it was ok to rebel and fight for what you believe in. He also shared the same message we do with the corrupt government.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
It would be the great Bob Marley, because the man had such a connection with music, the same way we do. We see music as a lifestyle and art as well, spiritual. Bob would always say his music was made with the Spirit Of Jah. We Feel That 100%.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
So far with the company, we have obtained many things from web assets, to being able to work with many artists. Not to mention, Ryan Katz is one hell of a manager and will help you in any way possible.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
10 years from now, we plan on being independent with are own clothing brand, thriving and doing well. We will continue to drop hits as usual to further expand our empire.