Today, we sat down with Polexx Xtra, the CEO of Polexx Xtra Records, for an interview. Here is what he had to say:
1. How has your hometown shaped who you are as a musician today?
My hometown shaped me as a man who’s honest and real with you. A lot of my people help me up tame my equipment that I still use till this very day. Everyone is counting on me to make a difference in the music industry. My mother is a big part of my music and inspiration. My friends actually are the people I talk about in my music.
2. If you could single out one artist or band that has influenced you, who would that be and why?
If I can single out one band or musician that influences me, I’ll have to say Ice Cube. I aways respected him for standing up for what’s right and making away for us to actually do what we love to do now. I learned how to be more aggressive when I record and preform.
3. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what is the first thing you would buy?
If I won the lottery!? Now, I’ll invest my money into upcoming businesses and actually buy my own studio building.
4. What is your advice to fellow underground musicians in regards to remaining discipline in your craft?
To just stay humble and always work on your craft. I’ve put blood, sweat, and tears into this and lost sleep. Just be smart and stay humble to who you are and what you do as a musician.
5. Do you have any songwriting or recording tips you’d like to share?
Yes, always make sure you get the cleanest sound as possible. Don’t be afraid to be and sound different. Also most importantly: FIND YOUR VOICE.
6. How does your family and close friends feel about your music career? Have they always been supportive or have there been issues in the past?
My Mom and friends actually support it. They actually help me network and tell me what songs are good and with ones are trash. I’m thankful for them cause of that. They play a big role in my career.
7. If you could open up for one famous artist or band, who would that be and why?
I’ll say lil baby. Only cause I feel like he’s style can ride with my music. Not saying anyone can’t, but just saying I feel like our energy will make a club lit. I also make beats that I know that fits his style, so it’s just vibes.
8. If you could have a dinner with one musician who is no longer living, who would that be and why?
Tupac for sure. I just wanna learn more about the history and to be able to learn more about music. Tupac had a lot of wisdom and guidance to give and I would like to learn from him.
9. In your time with LiquidSound Records, what is the number one thing you have enjoyed the most? Also, what is your advice to those artists who would be interested in joining the roster in the future?
I’ve enjoyed everything, you all rock! The best thing is the fact that you are there when I need ya, great communication and listening skills, fun to work with and last but not least, great cover art work. I can’t wait to see what else is in store. I recommend LiquidSound Records to everyone.
10. In ten years, where do you see your music career?
In ten years, I see my music career being like one of the greats. I wanna be able to make sure my kids kids are good. I see me actually owning my own label and actually being able to pass it down. I have a lot of great things to come just stay tuned and find out!